East Hampshire District Council’s Planning Committee resolved to grant outline planning permission
on 11th June, 2020 for our proposals to deliver high quality new homes and community infrastructure on Land East of Horndean.
This decision followed extensive work with the Council, statutory and non-statutory consultees, and key local stakeholders. Bloor Homes is fully appreciative of the efforts of all parties, many of whom will be helping us to move forward with the next stages of the project.
As well as providing new open market homes, 40% will be affordable homes. A range of new facilities will benefit residents and the local community, including:
• A new primary school and Early Years facility.
• Allotments, equipped play areas, outdoor gym equipment and significant areas of informal public open space, which far exceeds policy requirements.
• An all-weather ‘3G’ Sports Pitch and skate park.
• A new Local Centre including a community facility.
• Wildlife and biodiversity enhancements, including replacement hedgerow along Havant Road and significant tree planting throughout the scheme.
• New and improved pedestrian and cycle linkages, local bus services and enhancements to the local highway network.
• Employment land and small-scale retail facilities.
Financial contributions towards the provision of off-site facilities will include a cricket pitch. These will be delivered by Bloor Homes or via contributions in the region of £12m through Section 106 or CIL, with up to 15% of CIL receipts being passed to the parish councils.
Full details regarding the outline application and all associated documents can still be found by visiting the Council’s website
http://www.easthants.gov.uk/planning-services, application reference: 55562/005.
Further updates will be posted on this website as the project continues to progress.